Utah law states that there must be a valid record that an individual completed an alcohol training and education seminar.
This includes individuals who:
- Serve an alcoholic product to a customer for consumption on the premises of a licensee
- Sell beer to a customer for consumption off the premises of an off-premise beer retailer
- Manage operations at the premises of a licensee engaged in the retail sale of an alcoholic product for consumption on the premises
- Supervise the serving of an alcoholic product to a customer for consumption on the premises of a licensee
- Directly supervises the sale of beer to a customer for consumption off the premises of an off-premise beer retailer
While managers and supervisors are required to have an alcohol certification, our programs are designed for employees who do not have supervisor responsibilities. If you are a manager or supervisor at an alcohol establishment, you can learn more about training requirements on the DABS website.
On-premise servers, including bartenders, waiters and other employees who sell alcohol for on-site consumption must complete training within 30 days of being hired.
Employees who sell sealed beer for off-site consumption must complete off-premise E.A.S.Y. training before engaging in any activity related to alcohol sales.